Professional pink

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Day 32, Heretofore Unknown Sides of Paris

Morning class: Yet another great day with my fabulous teacher, Andre.

Workshop: A trip to the Parisian underworld.  Seriously.  Did you know it's Catholic?  ;)  The cool part is that my friend Bonnie had asked me just that morning if I wanted to go, but I thought I wouldn't have time after my workshop.  Conveniently enough, the lady in charge of the workshop was totally chill with Bonnie coming and even paid for her on my school's bill!

Institute: A visit with the marvellous Soeur Woyak who was in the LDS Visitor's Center with her companion replaced institute for me.  I only missed the scripture mastery test that I wouldn't've taken anyway.

After-institute party: A night out to an "American" diner.  Yeah, the menu wasn't consistently English or French.  There were dishes from the States, yes, but also from Britain, Italy, and France.  Sadly, my friend, Agenor, was unable to experience a true-blue American hot dog.  Instead he had a longer, blander wiener served on a French brioche bun.  At least I happily enjoyed my Nutella milkshake.  :D

We had already walked a ways, and I'd kept asking, "Where are the skeletons that people say are down here?"  Yep, found 'em!

Apparently someone carved this depiction of a part of Paris from memory.

 Trapped?!  ;)  (All the water and humidity down there unstraightened my hair...)

The Catholics got creative.  Hard to believe this is what's left of, like, 30 people.  Rest in peace.

On that religious note...behold, my friend, Soeur Woyak and her comp just outside the LDS Visitor's Center!

I couldn't resist taking a pic to capture the cool lamp in the foreground of such a dynamic cloud cover!

Fact: The Eiffel Tower sparkles at night on the hour every hour!  This was taken not far from my place, over the buildings.

No comments:

Post a Comment