Professional pink

Monday, May 23, 2011

Day 28, Un domingo contento

THIS PAGE HAS BEEN ADDED TO AND IMPROVED!

I slept in.  At least church here ends with sacrament, so I knew I wouldn't miss that.  The important part is that I made it, right?

Because today was ward conference for the ward, I stuck around for the ward buffet that they do every time ward conference comes around!  I felt kind of guilty for taking their food when I'm not really officially part of the ward, but I brought juice to share!  And the food was delicious!  I wandered from one group of people to another, finally ending up with Francisco and Alejandro, two Venezuelan friends I've made in the ward.  They invited me to join them and some native French speakers on a walk.  (Take as guess as to whom I spoke with more.  :D  A summary of our conversation: Spanish, French, Spanish, English, French, Spanish!)  It started out as a walk to the Tuileries, a garden where a palace was destroyed, which adjoins the Louvre.  After reposing there a bit, we decided to keep going.  Yeah, here's a list of major places we walked by/on/through: the Louvre, Tuileries, Place de la Concorde, Champs-Elysees, Grand and Petit Palais, Pont Alexandre III, Les Invalides, la Tour Eiffel.

 Funny story, though--as I got ready for church, I decided not to wear a slip because I wasn't concerned about my skirt being see-through.  Also, I realized I'd stepped out of the apartment building without glasses or contacts.  Meh, whatevs.  I soon realized my skirt and shorts didn't combine well and my skirt kept going up.  Meh, I won't be walking much and I'll take the same route as always, so I'll be okay for a few hours without a slip and glasses.  Go figure I ended up going on a walk all over Paris after church, right?!?  That was a "I should've listened to that voice in my head" moment...

The day was beautiful and the walk was quite enjoyed!

No comments:

Post a Comment