Professional pink

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

God's hand

So, this semester has been crazy for me.  No, it hasn't been as hardcore as last semester, but I can't for the life of me get caught up on my medieval Spanish lit class.  At any rate, I haven't been very good at getting sleep this semester.  As a result, I woke up a bit late today.  Thankfully, I have wonderful roommates and convivimos quite amablemente.  As I spoke with one while getting ready this morning, I realized I was running late for class.  "It would be nice if someone would offer me a ride to school.  Meh, I need to walk and get exercise, so whatevs."  I left the apartment late, realizing that the odds were that I'd make it to class a few minutes late, but I'd deal.  Well, as I crossed at an intersection, I heard someone call my name, offering me a ride!  I know it's simple, but it was most assuredly a reminder to me that Heavenly Father knows me and hears my silent prayers.  

 Hehe, and it turned out that I still got a bit of a workout because I had to climb the massive stairs from the campus parking lot up to main campus, while making to class just on time.  Perfect.  And the day just got better.  Shoot, I even got in a mini siesta!

 Oh, yeah, another blessing: I enjoyed Valentine's Day boyfriendless!  (You'd think I'd be used to is by now, but...no.)  I was making quite a point of being a bah humbug in the true sense of the phrase, but I remembered some advice my mom gave me last year when I was acting the same way.  She told me to serve others and make it enjoyable for them. To follow her advice, I made peanut butter cookies to give away and I bought chocolates for my students.  Later, for Family Home Evening (FHE), I bought  SweetTart hearts for us to use in writing messages for absent group members.  

To my delight, I came home to daisies on my bed and a Little Mermaid valentine!  To end the day even more happily, my brother and his fiancée came over, bearing gifts of chocolate-covered strawberries, mini roses por parte de mis padres, and a book entitled, "A Certain Je ne Sais Quoi:The Origin of English Words Used in English."  My family sure knows me well and loves me!

No comments:

Post a Comment