Professional pink

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Can Life Be Too Interesting?

At this moment, I'm tempted to say, "Yes." Can I please have a little less interesting than no apartment, a long commute, a broken down car, and now--to top it off--an unreadable USB that has the best versions of my lesson plans and family history?

Yeah, I have a roof over my head still. I simply am worried about the traffic once the snow comes and the possibility of getting in an accident. It doesn't help, either, that I stay up super late (like tonight), getting lessons ready and papers graded, only to have to wake up early to commute. If/when I find an apartment, I'll be able to save myself time and avoid potential accidents.

...Oh, my car.
...Oh, my USB.

My brother, the family computer guru, was the one who told me the USB was unreadable. I hoped it was just his computer's problem. Nope.

My cousin, a family mechanic pro, was the one who told me my engine was probably detonating (igniting gas too soon). I hoped the rattle was not really a big deal. Nope.

Thankfully, I have some of my teaching materials saved elsewhere.

Thankfully, my car lasted as long as it did; my cousin said the detonating could've ruined the engine and that the timing belt was about to break.

Sometimes, I want to run away from my responsibilities, and for once I can for a few days this week because it is the school's fall break. What will I be doing? Spending time back home with my family there because my baby sister and her husband are having a baby! Goes to show that when all is said and done, at least I know I can fall back on family. When everything else seems to fall apart, they're there for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment